About Me

My photo
Hi, welcome to my blog, I am a writer of short stories, children's and YA novels . An acceptance from People's Friend finally made me a published writer! Yeah, happy days! I have since had stories published in The Weekly News and The Last Laugh anthology. My main love is writing children's/YA novels...I'm now enduring a fruitless search for an agent... I also draw and paint, I like to draw animals (usually my adorable crazy cats!)Occasionally famous people and motorcycles.

Friday 1 January 2010

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year, everyone!!
Instead of starting the year in hope that I might finally have a story accepted, I find myself hoping that my first acceptance won't be the last!
I know, that's so negative.
So, I have sent another story to Peoples Friend, one which has already been to them twice. I have also just re written a story that I entered into a competition last year. It didn't come anywhere, so I thought I'd give it a re-vamp and try to make it more suitable for PF. I will post that on Monday.
Although my childrens novel is 'finished' ( I thought it was complete about a year ago) its not finished at all, it has some very woolly chapters and I realised that I have a lot of work to do!
It is definately true that when you go back and take a fresh look at your work, there are always improvements that can be made. In my case, rather a lot of improvements!
I still love my novel and think eventually it will be a good read. To be honest, right now I'd be happy to just complete it so that I myself can print it out and read it and know it's finished. What a happy day that will be.

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget, PF is a really hard market to crack. So if you've had something accepted by them you've done really well and I'm sure more acceptances are just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Helen
    I found PF really helpful. I like that if they add a comment, not just a standard rejection letter, you know it might be worth trying again, which is really good to know. Any glimmer of hope with a rejection is always welcome!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your comments, thank you!