About Me

My photo
Hi, welcome to my blog, I am a writer of short stories, children's and YA novels . An acceptance from People's Friend finally made me a published writer! Yeah, happy days! I have since had stories published in The Weekly News and The Last Laugh anthology. My main love is writing children's/YA novels...I'm now enduring a fruitless search for an agent... I also draw and paint, I like to draw animals (usually my adorable crazy cats!)Occasionally famous people and motorcycles.

Thursday 12 November 2009

I can't believe it!

I got a very unasuming white envelope in th post this morning.
People's Friend have accepted one of my stories!!!!!!!!
Yeah!!!!!
I can't quite believe it, in fact I won't believe it until I see it, I really can't wait for that first sight of my story in the magazine!
I now feel as if saying I'm a writer is suddenly justified, as before I always mumbled an apologetic, 'I've not had anything published yet...' after saying I did a lot of writing.
It has been a long time coming, I think about 8 years, but back then I sent a story off about once every six to twelve months, so the editors weren't exactly inundated with my work!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You should be proud that you stuck to your guns. That's my biggest problem. I've had 3 rejections for my 3 book submissions, and I haven't had the nerve to try again. Maybe when I have more time to research where to send it better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. That's brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found you over at Womags - and can see it was a great time to pop over - Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    Thank you for your kind comments!
    Janie B, definatly keep trying, I was honestly thinking I would never see an acceptance letter, it took sooo long.

    Sorry about my slow response, I really haven't got the hang of this yet.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your comments, thank you!