About Me

My photo
Hi, welcome to my blog, I am a writer of short stories, children's and YA novels . An acceptance from People's Friend finally made me a published writer! Yeah, happy days! I have since had stories published in The Weekly News and The Last Laugh anthology. My main love is writing children's/YA novels...I'm now enduring a fruitless search for an agent... I also draw and paint, I like to draw animals (usually my adorable crazy cats!)Occasionally famous people and motorcycles.

Saturday 23 January 2010

Two more rejections

If I was lolling about under the impression that I had People's Friend requirements sussed, I was very wrong. Two more rejections from them this week. The first story was one I had nice comments about twice previously and was with them for 2 months,but it seems it just isn't for them, the second back to me in just a week. Clearly that was a definate no. I thought it was so heart warming as well. That just goes to why show researching your target magazine is so essential, heart warming in itself just isnt enough, they are looking for a certain feel to a story, very gentle, but not 'too weak' as my last one was described as. Ouch.
Try, try, try again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all your comments, thank you!