About Me

My photo
Hi, welcome to my blog, I am a writer of short stories, children's and YA novels . An acceptance from People's Friend finally made me a published writer! Yeah, happy days! I have since had stories published in The Weekly News and The Last Laugh anthology. My main love is writing children's/YA novels...I'm now enduring a fruitless search for an agent... I also draw and paint, I like to draw animals (usually my adorable crazy cats!)Occasionally famous people and motorcycles.

Sunday 22 August 2010

Berry interesting



Hmm.
So here is a pic of the unidentified berries, hopefully you are all more knowledgable than I am when it comes to nature! I have wild blackberries in the garden, I only knew that they were edible when my mum came to visist and just picked them and ate them! Just like that!
Apparently she and her sisters picked them all the time when they were kids and their mother made jam. So, really I'd like to know what these are and if they're edible!

Thank you!

5 comments:

  1. I think (but please don't quote me) they're rowan berries, I think!! I think they're not edible but birds love them! then again I may be wrong about the rowan berry identification!

    Blackberries are great just off the bush - I remember having to find wasps and such like to get at some of them! LOL!!

    Take care!
    Ooooh I just saw little tiger under the artsy stuff on your sidebar! Awwww! How lovely! Well done you!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kitty
    Thank you, they're probably not edible, no such luck, they do look tasty though, like tiny bunches of grapes.
    I know what you mean about the wasps!
    Thank you, I'm glad you like Little Tiger, that's my Mischa, she's trouble, always up to something...
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, no idea. Was going to say red currants - but that would be too easy and anyway the leaves are the wrong shape.

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzanne!
    Thanks for having a guess anyway, I have no idea!
    x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your comments, thank you!