About Me

My photo
Hi, welcome to my blog, I am a writer of short stories, children's and YA novels . An acceptance from People's Friend finally made me a published writer! Yeah, happy days! I have since had stories published in The Weekly News and The Last Laugh anthology. My main love is writing children's/YA novels...I'm now enduring a fruitless search for an agent... I also draw and paint, I like to draw animals (usually my adorable crazy cats!)Occasionally famous people and motorcycles.

Thursday 17 December 2015

Bye for now, my lovely mum

My lovely mum passed away last week, she has gone to join my Dad, which was her wish since he died eighteen months ago.
I love you, Mum and Dad xx

I will miss her so much, as I do Dad, but this poem helps me remember, our loved ones are still with us.


Death is nothing at all
I have only slipped away into the next room
I am I and you are you
Whatever we were to each other
That we are still
Call me by my old familiar name
Speak to me in the easy way you always used
Put no difference into your tone
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow
Laugh as we always laughed
At the little jokes we always enjoyed together
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was
Let it be spoken without effort
Without the ghost of a shadow in it
Life means all that it ever meant
It is the same as it ever was
There is absolute unbroken continuity
What is death but a negligible accident?
Why should I be out of mind
Because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you for an interval
Somewhere very near
Just around the corner
All is well.
Nothing is past; nothing is lost
One brief moment and all will be as it was before 
How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting when we meet again!

Canon Henry Scott-Holland, 1847-1918, Canon of St Paul's Cathedral


7 comments:

  1. I'm so very sorry, penandpaints. The poem is very comforting and positive. I'm glad it's helping you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear this sad news. I hope you will be kind to yourself over the coming weeks and months. The poem is beautiful and says it all really xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heartbreaking. You're in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always very sad to lose a parent - be good to yourself while you grieve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your kind words xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your comments, thank you!