About Me

My photo
Hi, welcome to my blog, I am a writer of short stories, children's and YA novels . An acceptance from People's Friend finally made me a published writer! Yeah, happy days! I have since had stories published in The Weekly News and The Last Laugh anthology. My main love is writing children's/YA novels...I'm now enduring a fruitless search for an agent... I also draw and paint, I like to draw animals (usually my adorable crazy cats!)Occasionally famous people and motorcycles.

Saturday 5 March 2011

Lovely lovely

Where has the time gone? It's been nearly four weeks :/

Firstly, thanks so much for this lovely award from Teresa Ashby


Isn't it pretty?

I'm supposed to share seven things about me, eek! Err, ok, here goes...

1. I have always loved writing, I remember when I was nine, we had to write a story about what we'd do if we won a million pounds. My teacher praised me, not for my writing skills but because I was the only one in the class who'd 'spent' the money on other people! Aw, it brings a tear to the eye, hehe.

2. I love animals and have always had a cat, a dog or a hamster, sometimes all three. I don't have a dog now as we have two cats and a very small house, but my dog in childhood was Smudge, he was my friend and I still miss him.

3. My first writing hit was a 60 word fiction piece in Chat magazine.

4. I love dancing (with no one around to watch me I hasten to add)

5. I love 80's music.

6. I'm very disorganised, I plan things all the time, but then get distracted. For instance, I've just remembered there's a load of washing in the dryer that's still damp because I turned it off whilst we were having our tea and forgot to put it on again. I do that a lot, damp clothes need washing again after three days sitting in the dryer! No wonder the electric bill is so high!

7. I chipped two teeth on the same day thirteen years ago, but the fillings have held up really well, until yesterday when I chipped one of them again eating Mentos, :( Grrgh, I don't even like Mentos.

Well, there you go!

I'd like to pass the award on to these lovely people.

Suzanne Jones

Old Kitty at Ten lives and second chances

Joanna at Brightwriter60

Joanne Fox at A zigzag road

Aubrie at Flutey words

Karla at The Writing Pad

These are just a few of the fabulous blogs I love, I don't want to miss anyone out, but I know many of you already have this award. I also have a problem with my mobile broadband, I'm running out of megabytes, it's not good. It's causing problems. I shall have to top-up tomorrow!

It's annoying because I really want to catch up with you all!

See you soon x

15 comments:

  1. I love this award! Thank you! I love 80's music as well:
    sweet dreams by the Eurythmics is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Penandpaints, it's lovely to be given the award.
    And I'm just the same with the washing. This has reminded me that I left a damp load in the machine on Friday. And some of it is school uniform for tomorrow! So I'm grateful that you jogged my memory. Or the girls would have been going to school with no trousers on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your answers. What is it about Mentos - I don't like them either, but I have one occasionally and my teeth always complain!

    You never stop missing your past pet friends do you - they're never with us long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the award! Luckily I'm off work now for a week so will have time to think about what answers to give.

    Sorry to hear about that tooth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how lovely to get to know you better, chipped teeth and all. this award is going around. you deserve it as do the others. there are so many stylish bloggers out there.

    glad you like the green frog. thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS with your wonderfully stylish award!!!!! Yay for you!!!

    Dancing to 80's music is a MUST and should be done at least once every hour!! Ahem!!!

    Thank you so much for nominating my silly blog!! Double yay!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to see you have the award too! I can identify with the bit about getting distracted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi pen and paints, great answers, and love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi
    Thank you so much - I'm chuffed to bits by this most unexpected award, being barely a fledgling blogger. Well done on yours, too, from Teresa Ashby :-)
    I identified with all the things you shared - especially loving writing and animals and Dancing (In the Dark!) Am delighted by your success in Chat magazine - and will be wary of Mentos from this day forth!!
    Thanks again and Happy Writing
    All best
    Karla

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your award and those you've passed it on to! I love 80s music, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm the same with the washing machine. I ususally remember it when it's too late to hang it out.
    I actually came to tell you that I've nominated you for the Stylish Blogger Award but I see you already have one. Ah, well. Now you have two! Very stylish indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the award. You truly deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, Penandpaints - and thank you so much for the nomination. Will post an acceptance soon.

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on the award. Really enjoyed learning more things about you. (I get distracted too, and once lost a dress for a whole year until I found it at the bottom of my ironing pile when I finally got around to ironing.)

    Thanks, too for the good links. I'll go check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aubrie, you're very welcome

    Joanna, congratulations on winning twice!

    Teresa, Thanks again! I will steer well clear of mentos from now on!

    Joanne, you're welcome, look forward to reading your answers :)

    Ann, aw thank you!

    Old Kitty, hehe, 80's is definately a must music wise, (not hair wise though)!

    Rosemary, Thank you!

    Suzy, Thank you very much!

    Karla, Hi, you're very welcome!

    Talli, thank you, I'm glad you're another 80s girl!

    Gail, Thank you! That's great! I know a few blogs with double awards, didn't think mine would be one of them :)

    Rachna, thank you very much

    Suzanne, thank you and you're welcome :)

    Elizabeth, Thank you, hehe, love the missing dress story, I often find socks which have been missing for ages in duvet covers that have been in the cupboard for a year or so.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your comments, thank you!