About Me

My photo
Hi, welcome to my blog, I am a writer of short stories, children's and YA novels . An acceptance from People's Friend finally made me a published writer! Yeah, happy days! I have since had stories published in The Weekly News and The Last Laugh anthology. My main love is writing children's/YA novels...I'm now enduring a fruitless search for an agent... I also draw and paint, I like to draw animals (usually my adorable crazy cats!)Occasionally famous people and motorcycles.

Thursday 11 March 2010

Inspiration


Inspiration comes from so many different sources, my favourite is a fabulous vivid dream, many a time I wake up and frantically scribble down a brilliant plot, like a movie I have just watched in my sleep, sometimes it's still dark so I scrawl in pencil on whatever's to hand. In the morning I have to decipher my scrawl, which is great fun in itself. I love those dreams! I've not actually had one of those for a few weeks, but I have notes about two that haven't quite turned into stories yet, but i will have a go when I get chance. Anyone else get those?
However, my cats have inspired a recent story, the one I entered in a comp, not sure if it's any good, but I enjoyed the writing, it was meant to be funny but I've not entirely sure I've nailed humour, writing wise. I admire anyone who can write humour, it's not easy is it?

2 comments:

  1. Love the photo of the cats. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my next life I want to come back as a cat. Those two look so cosy curled up like that.

    X

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your comments, thank you!